Friday, July 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Captain Crunch Brownies

I read so many other baking blogs and always seem to find great recipes. I saw this one on Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and couldn't help but try.

Ingredients: 

9x13 pan of brownies (store bought or homemade)
6 reese's peanut butter cups chopped (or 30 mini ones)
1 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips 
1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon of butter
2 cups of captain crunch cereal


Bake the brownies according to directions and remove from oven five minutes before they are finished. Place the chopped reese's on top.


Remove after baking. Then in a medium saucepan melt on low heat the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter.


Then add in the cereal and coat until even.


Spread over brownies.



Refrigerate for 2 hours then cut into bars.



They turned out quite yummy! Very rich though. I only ate one and I can easily eat three normal brownies (they are my favorites sweets). Dave said they kind tasted like a butterfinger brownie. You can try with a different type of cereal if you would like. I believe the original recipe called for rice krispes but cookbook queen adapted it to the captain crunch. I was thinking to really make it a peanut butter and chocolate cereal combo to use reese puffs cereal. Until next time..!

3 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to say that these were delicious! And unlike you, I can eat more than one at a time...oh my poor waistline LOL.
    Thank you for making them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were delicious Emily. Loved them. Thaks for making!

    ReplyDelete