Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Funfetti Confetti Cookies

So today my boyfriend Dave came over and helped me make Funfetti cookies. I bought a Pillsbury Bake-Off Cookbook this past weekend on clearance at A.C. Moore for five bucks. It was from 2008, but the recipes were still golden. Until then, I had never heard of this recipe (but when I Googled it I saw that I'm not the first one to give it a try) and I had a box of Funfetti cake mix already so we gave it a shot. I would say they turned out great and yummy! We will be taking them to his family's celebration of the 4th of July this weekend in West Virginia. Recipe below!!

Ingredients:

1 package of Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
1/3 cup of oil
2 eggs 
1/2 can of Pillsbury Funfetti Vanilla Frosting


 
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Pour cake mix, oil, and eggs, in mixing bowl (shown above) and mix on a low speed until it looks like this:


Shape dough into 1 inch balls, placing them 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. (We made 41 cookies and fit them on two baking sheets.)



The directions say to bake them 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. We ended baking ours for 13. (I know, sounds crazy! They were not burnt, in fact they were perfect on top and bottom. Not sure why it took long for my oven.. if you try the recipe just start with 6 minutes and keep an eye on them and add more time if needed.)


Cool on cooling racks.. then icing! You can dye the icing with whatever food dye you have handy. We didn't do that this time, but I would love to if we tried it in the future.

 Overview of the 40 (we "tested" one!) cookies We left several plain for those who aren't a fan of icing.




And my favorite was making the Funfetti cookie "sandwiches."

Until next time, happy baking!! (If you have suggestions, tips, or ideas for future blog posts, leave a comment below! Feedback is welcome.)

1 comment:

  1. Tessa [Dave's sister]June 30, 2011 at 11:17 AM

    Emily, it's Tessa, [Dave's sister] Your so cool, and I want to bake and make stuff like you (: I've already been making cupcakes since I was young, but nothing cool, and creative. Thanks for inspiring me..<3

    ReplyDelete